Well, here we are two weeks into the new year and two years into the Roaring '20s and pretty much all of the past two years has been a shit mess for humankind but one thing that sickness, isolation, hysteria, thought-control, paranoia, and stupidity has given us is a fertile breeding ground for death metal releases. Another thing that is for sure is the death metal genre is not dying it is like Frankenstein's monster and Godzilla rolled into one and the beast just keeps getting stronger.
As has been the case for the past few years, I have not had the time to thoroughly listen to and absorb many of the new releases that came out in the past 12 months but I did give it more of an effort in 2021 especially in the latter half of the year and I am ready to put my list of favorites out into the digital ether. As has been the case in the past I am not making any claim that this list is a comprehensive ranking of the best death metal/thrash metal albums of the year, just a collection of the releases that wrecked my neck and made me want to break some shit in my own home over the past year.
As always is the case there will be several notable omissions from my list that may make some people say if he didn't include (insert name of band/album here), then this asshole doesn't know dick about death metal and I am fine with that because we all have assholes, I mean opinions, and I want to use this space to shine a light on the releases that I like and maybe others have overlooked, so if you find 1 release on this list that you missed over the past year and end up liking it, then I have accomplished my mission.
Throne - Pestilent Dawn
Purchase/preview: https://thronemetal.bandcamp.com/ / https://www.facebook.com/thronemetalband/
Crypt Crawler - Future Usurper
Purchase/preview: https://cryptcrawlermetal.bandcamp.com/merch / https://cryptcrawlermetal.com/
Ophidian I - Desolate
Nihilistikrypt - Diemension
Purchase/preview: https://nihilistikrypt.bandcamp.com/ / https://www.facebook.com/nihilistikrypt
Diabolizer - Khalkedonian Death
Purchase/preview: https://diabolizer.bandcamp.com/ / https://www.nightshiftmerch.com/collections/Diabolizer / https://www.facebook.com/diabolizer
Organic - Where Graves Abound
Purchase/preview: https://testimonyrecords.bandcamp.com/album/organic-where-graves-abound / https://youtu.be/A0cwemGJymk / https://www.facebook.com/organicdeathmetal
Video from their 2018 release Carved in Flesh
FleshTorture - Grotesca doctrina de la perversidad
Purchase/preview: https://fleshtorture.bandcamp.com/ / https://youtu.be/sU-1OFwaHwk / https://www.facebook.com/Fleshtorture/
Exer - Sadistic Torture
Purchase/preview: https://exerband.bandcamp.com/releases / https://youtu.be/dTfy35es54Y / https://www.facebook.com/EXER-110496237760743
Chainsword - Blightmarch
TDC Link: -[*]-
Purchase/preview: https://godzovwarproductions.bandcamp.com/album/blightmarch / https://youtu.be/Pa_YhU42wEA / https://www.facebook.com/Chainswordband
Steel Bearing Hand - Slay in Hell
Purchase/preview: https://carbonizedrecords.bandcamp.com/album/slay-in-hell / https://www.facebook.com/steelbearinghand/
Becerus - Homo Homini Brutus
Purchase/preview: https://becerus.bigcartel.com/ / https://everlastingspewrecords.bandcamp.com/album/homo-homini-brutus / https://youtu.be/7WYhuEcQ1-I
Prophetic Scourge - Gnosis - A Sorrower's Odyssey
Purchase/preview: https://propheticscourge.bandcamp.com/ / https://www.facebook.com/propheticscourge
Video track is from their 2018 release Calvary
Deliberate Miscarriage - Mortuary Melodies
Purchase/preview: https://deliberatemiscarriage.bandcamp.com/releases / https://youtu.be/iLPZmIYUOHM / https://www.facebook.com/DeliberateMiscarriage/
Nihïlanth - Graceless Planet
Purchase/preview: https://greatdanerecords.bandcamp.com/album/graceless-planet / https://youtu.be/McKEdW3CZk4 / https://www.facebook.com/Nihilanthfr/
Golden Rusk - Ouroborous
Purchase/preview: https://youtu.be/GUXI3DYAqaA / https://www.facebook.com/goldenruskofficial
All Consumed - Rise of the Godless
TDC Link: -[*]-
Purchase/preview: https://allconsumed.bandcamp.com/ / https://www.facebook.com/AllConsumed/
Ominous Ruin - Amidst Voices that Echo in Stone
Purchase/preview: https://ominousruin.bandcamp.com/ / https://www.facebook.com/OminousRuin
Flesh Hoarder - Relic of Putrescent Filth
Purchase/preview: https://fleshhoarder.bandcamp.com/album/relic-of-putrescent-filth / https://youtu.be/Cuy4NH6Xamk / https://www.facebook.com/FleshHoarder/
Oldskull - Nether Hollow of No Return
Purchase/preview: https://inhumanassault.com/?s=oldskull / https://youtu.be/VERKlIf1qnU / https://www.facebook.com/oldskullofdeath/
Axedra - Mass Deception
Purchase/preview: https://axedra.bandcamp.com/releases / https://www.facebook.com/axedra.band
Alluvial - Sarcoma
TDC Link: -[*]-
Purchase/preview: https://media.nuclearblast.de/shoplanding/2021/Alluvial/sarcoma.html / https://www.facebook.com/alluvialmetal/
Tombstoner - Victims of Vile Torture
Purchase/preview: https://tombstoner-us.bandcamp.com/ / https://www.facebook.com/TombstonerBand
Tortharry - Altairs of Ignorance
TDC Link: -[*]-
Purchase/preview: http://www.shop1.tortharry.com/ / https://tortharry.bandcamp.com/ / https://www.facebook.com/tortharry/
Mortal Vision - Mind Manipulation
Purchase/preview: https://mortalvision-ua.bandcamp.com/album/mind-manipulation / https://www.facebook.com/mortalvision/
Purchase/preview: https://selfmadegod.bandcamp.com/album/straight-outta-smogtown / https://terrordome.net/
Demise - Old Skull
Purchase/preview: https://demisehordas.bandcamp.com/ / https://youtu.be/MIJqjkFET8w / https://www.facebook.com/DemiseHordas
Visceral Slaughter - Welcome to the Slaughterhouse
Purchase/preview: https://brutallerrecords.com/ / https://www.facebook.com/VisceralSlaughter
Imperial Slave - Imperial Slave
Purchase/preview: https://www.facebook.com/ImperialSlave/ / https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Imperial_Slave/3540496859
Genocide Pact - Genocide Pact
Purchase/preview: https://genocidepact.bigcartel.com/ / https://www.facebook.com/genocidepact / https://genocidepact.bandcamp.com/album/genocide-pact
Husqwarnah - Front: Toward Enemy
Purchase/preview: https://husqwarnah.bandcamp.com/ / https://www.facebook.com/HusqwarnaH
Nervous Decay - Nervous Decay
Purchase/preview: https://greatdanerecords.bandcamp.com/album/nervous-decay-2 / https://www.facebook.com/Nervous.Decay.Band/ / https://youtu.be/t6VYDSj8lg0
Pandemic Outbreak - Skulls Beneath the Cross
Purchase/preview: https://awakeningrecordscn.bandcamp.com/album/skulls-beneath-the-cross / https://www.facebook.com/pxoxdeathrash
Laceration - Demise
Purchase/preview: https://rottedlife.bandcamp.com/album/demise / https://www.facebook.com/lacerationofficial/ / https://youtu.be/EoWHzpUIC7U
Vox Mortis - Avignam Jagat Samagram
Purchase/preview: https://voxmortisdeath.bandcamp.com/ / https://www.facebook.com/voxmortis.id/
Scävenger - Humiliating Obliteration
Purchase/preview: https://www.facebook.com/scaevenger/
2021 Ep's
There were so many more albums that I enjoyed this past year but I have to put a stake in the ground here and call it quits, so I can move forward into 2022. Here's looking forward to another stellar year in metal and hopefully a much better year for the human race.
No comments:
Post a Comment