As I said, within the putrid mass of 2017 death metal releases there were so many entertaining offerings from established bands such as Immolation, Obituary, Broken Hope, Dying Fetus, and Cannibal Corpse who seem to keep getting better as they age, as well as Decrepit Birth, Engulfed, Resurgency, Insurrection and Entrails just to name a few who have created quality material this year. As many of you know I love to discover new bands and there was a lot of new stuff to love in 2017 with releases from newer entrants such as Kremlin, Disappear, Massive Bleeding, Dayum, Dysmorfectomy, Misanthrope Monarch and don't sleep on Slovakia's Bloodcut either. There were also many excellent tech releases this year with new material from bands such as Hour of Penance, Arkaik, Spectrum of Delusion, Virulent Depravity, Inverted Serenity, Unbeheld and Oblivion just to mention a few.
I could continue to name drop a ton of bands who I liked in the past year and still didn't make the list but I might as well get on to the bands who did make it into repeated rotation on my digital media devices throughout the year. As I've stated in the past, my list is not an attempt to judge what were the best releases of 2017, it is just me telling you what I really liked with the hope that you may discover something that you really like as well.
Death Metal - All Styles:
Cytotoxin - Gammageddon
Genre: Technical Brutal Death Metal
Country: Germany
Preview: https://www.facebook.com/Cytotoxinmetal / TDC Link
Hideous Divinity - Adveniens
Genre: Technical Brutal Death Metal
Country: Italy
Preview: https://www.facebook.com/hideousdivinity / TDC Link
Suicidal Causticity - The Human Touch
Genre: Brutal Death Metal
Country: Italy
Archspire - Relentless Mutation
Genre: Technical Death Metal
Country: Canada
Preview: https://www.facebook.com/Archspireband/ / TDC Link
Scordatura - Self-Created Abyss
Genre: Brutal Death Metal
Country: United Kingdom
Narcotic Wasteland - Delirium Tremens
Genre: Brutal Death Metal
Country: United States
Purchase: https://www.narcoticwasteland.com/store
Preview: https://www.facebook.com/narcoticwasteland / -[*]-
DeathAwaits - Solve Coagula
Genre: Death Metal / Thrash Metal
Country: France
Bloodphemy - Bloodline
Genre: Death Metal
Country: Netherlands
Preview: https://www.facebook.com/Bloodphemy / TDC Link
Seduced - Discarding the Mask
Genre: Death Metal / Thrash Metal
Country: Austria
Preview: https://www.facebook.com/seducedband/ / TDC Link
Sinister - Syncretism
Genre: Death Metal
Country: Netherlands
Purchase: https://www.value-merch.de/en/SINISTER
Preview: https://www.facebook.com/SinisterOfficial / -[*]-
Hereza - I Become Death
Genre: Death Metal
Country: Croatia
Gutslit - Amputheatre
Genre: Brutal Death Metal
Country: India
Preview: https://www.facebook.com/gutslit / TDC Link
Lower Than Zero - X
Genre: Brutal Death Metal / Grindcore
Country: Germany
Purchase: Contact the band @ Facebook link below
Preview: https://www.facebook.com/lowerthanzero/ / TDC Link
Undead Vision - Modern Slave
Genre: Death Metal / Thrash Metal
Country: Switzerland
Purchase: Contact the band @ Facebook link below
Thread of Omen - Vindicta
Genre: Technical Melodic Death Metal
Country: South Africa
Preview: https://www.facebook.com/threadofomen/ / TDC Link
Slups - Rituals Beyond the Oniricous
Genre: Death Metal
Country: Spain
Nasty Surgeons - Exhumation Requiem
Genre: Death Metal / Grindcore
Country: Spain
Preview: https://www.facebook.com/nastysurgeons/ / TDC Link
Horror of Horrors - Rust Flesh Dust
Genre: Death Metal
Country: United States
Purchase: Contact band @ Facebook link below
Massive Assault - Mortor
Genre: Death Metal
Country: Netherlands
Purchase: https://massiveassault.bandcamp.com/album/mortar / CD available January 19, 2018
Preview: https://www.facebook.com/massiveassault/ / -[*]-
Creeping Fear - Onward To Apocalypse
Genre: Death Metal
Country: France
Preview: https://www.facebook.com/creepingfear / TDC Link
Soulrot - Nameless Hideous Manifestations
Genre: Death Metal
Country: Chile
Preview: https://www.facebook.com/soulrotchile / TDC Link
Order ov Riven Cathedrals - The Discontinunity's Interlude
Genre: Technical Death Metal
Country: Italy
Preview: ??? / TDC Link
Mass Burial - Breeding Plagues
Genre: Death Metal
Country: Spain
Perfidious - Malevolent Martyrdom
Genre: Death Metal
Country: Italy
Dead Centre - Fractured Memories of Grotesque Butchery
Genre: Death Metal
Country: United States
Preview: https://www.facebook.com/DeadCentreDM/ / TDC Link
As I stated earlier I could continue to go on and on with what I liked in 2017, there were so many quality releases that this list could easily be 50 instead of 25 and I didn't even get to the Ep's. It was a very good year for death metal and I am hopeful that you will find something in this list and the others that will be posted here that you were not aware of and you will thoroughly enjoy. As always please support these bands and buy their CD's and other merch and go to the shows. We must keep Metal in all of its forms alive and well.

























No comments:
Post a Comment